View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 12:12 PM   #2
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

FYI, there is a double mount bike rack for trailer bumpers (one wheel fits in each rack; some will accomodate two wheels in each rack therefore two bikes. So it's still attached to the bumper, but one on each end rather than a single mount in the middle. They are bolt-on-fall-down-simple units that even I can install.

Ther reason I know about these racks is that a nice guy named Ted Smith gave me one in Santa Fe this summer when he found it necessary to "lighten his load" because the bumper on the new trailer he bought (not a TM) was bending due to the weight of the bike racks and his storage rack on which he was carrying a big tool box and a portable generator. Ted and his wife were camped next to us and when we got ready to leave he pointed at the pile and told us to take anything we could use. So we did.

I was tickled to get them (but haven't installed them since we haven't gone anywhere since) but nice to know they exist. And they will be especially nice for us since we ride the long-wheelbase recumbent bikes.

2003 3124KS drug by 2001 1500 2WD Suburban
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote