View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Default Test Water Systems, Including Gray and Black

O.K., if you've been following my Considering Buying a 2720SL thread, you'll know I'm a real newbie here. Just came home with what seems to be a perfect 2006 2720SL (though I did find a missing clip on the stove grate yesterday). It was only used 3 times before the owner's husband died and has been garage stored ever since. I'm just about done testing the electrical and want to test the water tanks, pumps and systems. I want to test everything with water and dump down the hill into the yard using clean water only (no actual gray or black wastewater output). Can I do this safely? Will it hurt the toilet to just test using regular water? I've looked around and am not sure about that. I have the small Thetford's owner manual that came with it and it does not address that issue.

Since I'll be flushing out with clean water, I was just going to discharge down the side of the house. I'll perform a bleach sanitizer on the clean water tank at a later date. I found a good thread that said how to do that using a bit a bleach and holding for about 3 hours. Just want to run a test first since the TM has been sitting so long.

Thanks!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote