View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 07:41 AM   #5
FlyboyTR

Kathy,
If you are a new RV'er...I would suggest taking multiple short (weekend type trips) to different places. That is an easy way to get lots of exposure to many things you will run into on any trip. I've been an RV'er for 47 years and I can tell you that every trip exposes you to something different. As others have stated, Google Maps is your friend, especially if Street View is available for a place you want to stop at.

We are a long time Host Site for the Boondockers Welcome club. This is a link to our host site. For about half of our travels, we stay as a Guest at other Host sites. It is a great program. Overnight stays are basically free and if you use water/electric (if available) that will add $5 - $15 per night. The only time I will use services is if I need to run the A/C (check the electrical amperage available first). Harvest Hosts purchased Boondockers Welcome in 2021. While info on both can be found, they are two separate programs...each one has different appeal. This is a link to our Host site in Lower Alabama.
https://membership.harvesthosts.com/...steel-magnolia

This is a copy of a Travel Guide for various websites/apps, etc that may be beneficial for your planning.

Wishing you the best in your new adventure!

Travis
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Travel Planner Sites.pdf (423.6 KB, 54 views)