View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 12:55 PM   #2
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Wow.. That's a HUGE question. Let me start by saying that setting off for an adventure like this is just that... An adventure! You can make plans, but enjoy the spontaneity of the moment. Here are a few recommendations... In no particular order.
*Make sure your tow vehicle is in top running condition (Tires, breaks, fluids) and have been checked by a professional.

*Make sure your tow hitch and systems are in good condition. I would also suggest a locking hitch pin and a lock for your coupler. Keeps your TM locked to your TV.

*If you have ANY questions about the age/condition of your TM's tires....Change them out.

*Get an APP. (There are many that will tell you where all the camping spots are) I like RV Parky, FreeRoam, and Boondockers Welcome.

*Parking - Make sure you can get out of any place you want to get into. Most parking lots are easy to access.... some are NOT, be careful and look carefully. Park at the edges of the lots, so you don't get "Blocked in".

*Google Maps is your friend. If you are tired, and need to rest, most rest stops are safe a secure, so you can take a brief nap.

*Some (not all) Walmarts are a good place to stop for a short stay as well.

*Breaking down.... You should have some travel assistance. Check with your auto insurance to see if it includes towing and if that ALSO includes your TM. AAA, Good Sam, and there are others that will help you out in a pinch.

*Figure out your limitations... I can drive for 12/14 hours on day one.... By day 3/4 I can only muster about 6 hours behind the wheel. Even if you can "push through" I like to take a break about every two hours, makes it more enjoyable and safer. Stop and get gas, stop at a rest stop and use the toilet, or even stop at a lonely crossroads to stretch your legs for a bit.

There are a thousand more ideas...but I'll stop here and let others chime in....

Happy Trails!
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote