View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 04:51 AM   #7
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Interior leak - Need help!

I did not want to post a comment about roof leaks before I got my 2720 back from the factory. The fact that several of you are having the same problem requires that I tell the tale.

The Trailmanor:
2002 - 2720SL, build date Dec. 2001, purchase date Sept. 2002.

The Leaks:
Water all along the center seam wiring channel on the front shell - water dripping in front of wall clock and water in the smoke detector.
All windows but one, water leaking out of the screws holding the bottom curtain track to the wall.
Several windows leaking water at the top of the glass inside of the frame.
Water comming in at the top of the panel board over the window in front of the wardrobe.
Heavy condensation along the bottom 4 inches of both the front and back top shells.
Both shells hard to pull up and will slam down when closing (4 inches of water trapped in walls causing extra weight and condensation).
Water dripping from Fantastic Fan vent.

The aluminum skin delaminated from the ceiling in front of the center vent.

Dealer comment. "New Trailmanors just don't leak". I think he was telling the truth as he knew it. He called the factory and was told to check the center seam of the roof panels. He found little or no adhesive and no caulking/sealer was used to assemble the panels. The dealer reglued and sealed the center seams and I was going to pick up the trailor, but when I arrived at the dealers it was raining cats and dogs. Center seam is not leaking but water is comming in at the windows.

The trailor went back to the factory to find and seal the rest of the leaks and repair the delamination. When it arrived back at the dealer, the ceiling had started to delaminate again and there were water leaks at a couple of windows. The dealer found the leaks. They were some unused screw holes under the plastic filler strip in the roof to wall connector strip. Two dealer tries to repair the delamination failed to fix the problem.

I used the trailer as is for two trips in May and it is now back at the factory having a new roof put on. I will post more after it is back and I have a chance to go camping in the rain.

All of this has been handled under warrenty including the transportation between the dealer and the factory. The statement from the factory is: "we want the unit to be correct as advertised". I think they are doing every thing they can to fix the problems. I hope this is the only one with this problem, but I'm beginning to doubt It. :-/
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote