View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 02:35 PM   #4
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Interior leak - Need help!

Gregg,

I just fixed a leak in my front shell. I noticed it after I took off the cover, and it had been sitting there without a tarp over it. I took down the lens from the front right ceiling light, and it was half full of water. I emptied it and it kept doing it since we have had a lot of rain. I thought that it might be from the vent and following the wires to the light or from the strip on the roof.

I called the factory, and I talked to Donny. He said it was from the strip on the roof or the vent. He told me to buy a tube of 100% silicone that is used for the outdoors. I found some that was the top of the brand and used it in my caulking gun. I ran a strip along both sides of the strip on the roof and also between the vent and the beginning of the strip. There is about 2 inches where the strip does not cover it. The next day, I washed the trailer, and I had a dry ceiling light. I guess I was right about my problem.

Try doing what I did to the front shell. Also, if you have an awning, try caulking around the top of it where it attaches to the trailer. I had the same problem with our 1993 unit. The water was entering where the awning attached to the trailer.

The silicone that I bought was the clear kind so it looks a lot better. It' s not supposed to crack. Just find a top quality silicone to use.

Give it a try.

Bob Strong
BOB_STRONG is offline   Reply With Quote