View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 05:47 AM   #40
BobRederick

Mark,

My son has the Eaual-I-Zer hitch on his toy hauler and it is a great hitch. I think the best thing about it is its simplicity in how sway control is integrated into the weight distribution system. One advantage is that rain/water doesn't reduce the anti sway like the friction tubes used by others.

That being said, you really don't need anti sway on a TM. Also, they cost $100 or so more than the chain variety.

I have no problem with the chain type.

It is real easy to install and tension. I have the friction tube sway control, but no longer use it. There has been no tendency to sway. I posted a response recently on it. The brand I have is "Husky". The dealer tried one on and the pivots that put tension on the bars hit the tanks. So he got the next-up bars and that fits just fine. They are labled "501 to 800 lbs." and I am not sure if that is each or for a pair. One just shortens the chain a link to increase pressure on the TV front tires. When you get it right, simply count the loose chain links hanging down when you do a setup. For me, 2 links hang free and I slip the 3rd over the pickup pin.

The dealer techs were in over their heads trying to set up the WDH on my Envoy which has load leveling airbags. Any change in the tension on the bars results in automatic re-leveling the truck. Normally, one measures the depression of the front and rear without and with load to determine the proper hitch settings. Not so with this. My hitch was included at no cost in negotiating the deal when I bought the TM. I didn't get any paperwork with it, so can't give you those details. When they finished experimenting with my hitch setup, I towed the new TM home -- 2000 miles from Indiana to Arizona. They had set it up to put a huge amount of weight on the front of the TV. I had tread separation on a front tire when I got home and just last weekend had separation on the second. They are Michleans and the dealer had never seen separation on one of them before.

Bob
'04 3326 KS
Bob Rederick