View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 11:37 AM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Wavery -

I failed to make my point. Your drawing shows a wedge indentation in the lower half of the tank, so that the tank will clear the wheel well liner. But the wheel well liner extends above the upper floor skin - you can see it, next to the wall near the rear corner of the sink cabinet. It looks like a raised flap of the vinyl flooring. Most owners are unaware of this, and those who do see it often refer to it disdainfully as “sloppy construction”. But if you lift that flap, you can see the wheel well liner poking through the floor. My concern was to be sure that the upper half of your new tank, including the square mounting tube on which you will set the tank, will clear this obstruction.

Bill
Thanks Bill.

I think that I actually got the point. I won't actually make the wedge until the floor is cut away and a 10G steel plate is installed on the trailer to protect the tank from "exploding tire" syndrome. It will definitely have no impact on the upper tank or tank lip. The wedge in the mold will create a 10" x ? X ? void in the finished tank. Maybe this drawing will make it clear..... (or not.).

Thanks again for helping me brainstorm. As I make these drawings, it helps make it more clear in my head.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HoldingTankc.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	20663