View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 11:20 AM   #16
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoosShark View Post
Well I used the 2 hole saw method this morning and it took maybe a minute and a half.
It might take me awhile to separate the two hole saws though (I used another mandrel and the 2 hole saws were separated easily)
This was a swing tongue, so I took it completely off and laid it upside down on the lawn.
It would work just as well on a regular tongue except you would be on the ground drilling up.

That's what we will have to do. There are no manual crank jacks with a crank on the front available with the diameter at the bottom of the hitch that came with our frame. So we've been looking into what type of hole saws we will have to purchase to get the job done. Lots of tools here, but nothing like this. We will go shopping for the hole saws today and plan on using the 120V drill vs our favorite cordless drill. Unfortunately one of us will have to get under the tongue and press upwards with pressure to enlarge the hole. The only hole saw we have is for doors/locks. There are many Youtube videos about how to use multiple hole saws with two different diameters to enlarge the hole using one as a guide. This is a better jack than what came with the TM, other one is a sealed unit which doesn't have any way to lube the gears or open it up to replace the gears.

Wish us luck with the hole drilling!