View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 10:56 AM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Welcome to TM, (hopefully)...

Just about anything can be repaired on a Trailmanor, and the help availble on this site is incredible. This site was a big reason I got a Trailmanor.

Many of the repairs are fairly straight forwards and similar to any camping trailer. I have learned a lot about sealing leaks because the design of the Trailmanor actually prevents many leaks from entering the living space. As a result, some leaks can be hidden.

If I were you, the first thing I'd do is actually remove the vents from the roof and apply new sealant so that it goes between the vent and roof. I've played the game of sealing on top of the edges like so many others, only to find it still leaked. Also, if the vent is secured using screws through the roof, apply sealant into the holes and on the threads of each screw before screwing it in. This method works very well.

There was no "hydraulic" system on the Trailmanor, it is all mechanical. However, if everything is adjusted properly, I can lift each shell with one hand easily, and my trailer is almost 20 years old. If you are unable to do this, the torsion bars need adjustment, and are fairly easy to adjust. (In the technical section of this forum I go through a process to adjust the torsion bars.)

If you husband has a bad back, you may need to have one of your sons do some of this work for you, or take a trip to the the Trailmanor factory in SD. I hear they are wonderful people.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is online now   Reply With Quote