View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Redhawk

Default Solar for the Elk

After reading the threads here discussing solar and doing a lot of research, I finally placed the order this morning. Kyocera 140W panel with a Morningstar Prostar 15M controller. The hardest part was deciding between the MPPT and the Prostar, but for the $150. difference, I could add another panel if I ever thought I needed it. Which I doubt. Total package was $618 w/shipping.

I found a lot of the online solar dealers are nothing more than some people with an office and no inventory, when it got down to it, it would be over a month to get the panels etc. I finally ended up using http://www.solarpanelstore.com/ mainly because they are located here in CO and had inventory. The guy I worked with was able to answer all of my questions immediatly, and called me back when he said he would, not the case with the others, they usually emailed me the spec sheets that I already had. So....check around is the moral here.

Question....does anyone have any experience or suggestions on where to mount the controller? I'd like to be able to see it since it has the LCD meter on it and hide the wires too.