Thread: Used Elkmont
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
I found a 2009 listed as used in Clermont Florida...which is a really long way from you. It is supposed to be new...as in never used but this dealership listed it as used because they have it as a consignment from another dealership that folded. The asking price is 29,800 which we felt is too high. We asked for their lowest price and they spoke to the owner of the TM (the previous dealership) who said they would take 8 to 10 percent off the asking price. We were really tempted to drive down but not at that price. They also do not seem to be very knowledgeable about the Elkmont and could not give us a list of options built into the camper. From the photos I see there is a flat screen TV and a tongue jack...I do not see any other options. I think this TM is the first model they came out with...queen bed and sofa with table in front of it..no bunks...no side dinette.

We are considering selling our 3124KS and buying one if the price is right. If we were serious about this one I would call Ed at Trail Manor and ask if the new warranty would apply. Since we spoke to the salesman on the phone this week we have just seem to be not as interested. LOL.

The salesman says since it was at another dealership that it was titled to that dealership and has to be sold as used. We think this is CRAZY and there is no way we would pay that for a used Elkmont. We also think the salesman is misinformed I did ask a good friend on here for his opinion ....and he agrees with me that it is new unless Florida title laws are different in this state...or unless there is something else they are not disclosing.

Here is the link to the camper: http://www.americachoicerv.com/product.html?sid=JC07217
This dealer is feeding you a load of ka-ka..........if the trailer has never been registered, it MUST be sold as new.

My advise would be to be very suspicious of anything coming out of Florida and forget about one that lies to you.