Thread: 2619 or 2720?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
PopBeavers

We got the 2720 instead of the 2619 because of the queen bed. If my blind brother-in-law goes with us then he sleeps on the front bed and one or the other of his sons (21 or 24) sleeps on the dinette.

When our son(24) is with us, without his significant other, then he sleeps on the front bed.

Usually, these days, son and daughter(27) prefer to sleep in their own backpacking tents. Allegedly I snore.

If I was not ever to expect guests to travel with us, I would have gotten the 2720 with the front living space, especially if you are in areas that rain a lot as it is a comfortable place to get out of the rain. Since I live in California, rain is not a major issue during camping season.

I store my TM closed, because I keeping in the garage out of the weather. I do not have any room to store it outside in San Jose.

I can tell you from having weighed it that my TM, when loaded with all the stuff I own to go camping for a week, and full of 40+gallons of water, it weighs 3380 pounds on the axle. I did not weigh the tongue.

Regarding the roof seals, my TM is 3 years old. I do not have a problem. There are actually two seals, about a foot apart. I would not be concerned about water getting into the TM from a rain storm through there at all.

Regarding fuel economy, when towing the TM, my mileage drops from 13.5 to 9-11, depending on the terrain. So I figure the penalty is about 3 mpg for towing. My truck (1500HD) is bigger than yours, so your results will no doubt be different.

Another advantage of the 2720 over the 2619 is the additional storage in the rear. The outside is where I keep the BBQ , water hoses and tools. Inside is where we keep games, electric heater, towels and my medicine cabinet.