Thread: Newby questions
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
b&pcamping

I can tell you from experience having owned two Coleman tent trailers before upgrading to a TM that in the time it took just to crank up the tent trailers we're already unpacking things inside our TM! Can I say EASY!! I would never go back! The TM's easy to pull like the tent trailers. It's very well insulated for cold trips. We've closed down during rainy weather with no concern or need to re-open to dry out the canvas tenting. We love having the wardrobe and the ample space for stowing things that we didn’t have in our old trailers. We always had to move something in order to find something. Having hot water and a shower is also wonderful. As for the toilet; the TM's have a Thetford “recirculating” toilet, and it works OK, but it's not without it's pros and cons to which you can find many threads on this forum. I'm considering removing it and simply using the old porta potty we used for years in our popup, and I'll leave it at that. TM’s are very impressive; you’ll turn lots of heads and have the envy of many friends. I have a coworker who calls our trailer the Swiss Army knife of trailers. I think he’s got it right. I would highly recommend you continue your search in the TM "camp" no pun intended.

Good Luck!