View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 08:55 AM   #9
Simon3xUD

Default Re:Step Stool Upgrade

Quote:
Although she is verry agile its a long jump in and out of the bed. Thinking of some way to build a ramp or landing spot about half way for her that won't be in the way. Any ideas? (NO cat jokes please)
Try the Rubbermaid 2-step stool that Pirkups mentioned. I found one on sale (maybe 6 bucks? - same price as the regular step stool) at Home Depot and bought it for my dogs (and us!) to use. While my dogs are VERY agile (we compete in dog agility trials), the bed is higher than any of them jump in competition and my oldest (10.5 yrs) was having to really work to get up on the bed. What I liked about this stool was the double step so the dogs could actually use it like a set of stairs. The one thing I still have to do is cover the steps with something (i/o carpet perhaps?) to provide additional traction. Sure wouldn't do for a dog to slip and get hung up in it!

This stool is a bit bulky but it's very light weight and easy to move if you need to get into the back cabinet or drawers. And, it doesn't block the bathroom door