View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 05:15 PM   #5
Larry_Loo

Default Re:Step Stool Upgrade

You know, Bill, if I were a TM designer, I would have given thought to making the bottom third of that storage cabinet's door a foldout step. This would require moving the door's lower hinge up and then designing the lower third as a sturdy flap that hinged out to serve as a stair tread. A folding support or legs could be mounted on the rear of that lower third. Its corners also could be rounded slightly to comply with your suggestion. Now this folding step would obstruct the lowermost drawer from opening, but, hey, most things are a compromise. A fixed step has an advantage over a stool in that the latter is prone to tipping over when a half-asleep person tries to get down from the bed at night. Another option would be for TM to provide a removable step that simply hooks on to the sides of the cabinet at night. During the day the step is folded up and stored in the storage cabinet.

Come to think of it I might build a removable step one of these days. We've been using a plastic stool at night to get up into our king bed. It's not the steadiest of steps up to the high bed. If I ever build a removable step, I'll put some pictures of it up on this board.
Larry