View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

David wrote
Quote:
This is not a repair, it is done at the factory to run wiring to the electrical outlet underneath the sofa.
Aha! Early in 2006, I posted photos of several outlets that I installed at various locations, including the front of the couch. I like to think the factory got their idea from me. But I ran the wire along the frame member under the TM, which left it exposed to the elements. It probably makes more sense to bury it in the floor structure. Although it looks a little sloppy, it should relieve your concerns about a repair or an error.

I can find a reference to that thread, but unfortunately the thread itself seems to be missing. Here is picture of my original mod at the couch. I can repeat the pictures of the other outlets if anyone wants them [Edit: see Al's post below.] One was an improved version of the outlet to the right of the refrigerator, one was in the hallway to the right of the silverware drawer (for plugging in the microwave, mostly), and one was beside the stove at the main entry door.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Couch small.JPG
Views:	508
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	2610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Refrig small.JPG
Views:	502
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	2611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Silver drawer small.JPG