View Single Post
Old 04-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
partipim
Site Sponsor

Default Concerns With New 3023 TM Picked Up This Weekend

We just picked up our new 3023 TM this weekend. Let start out by saying we camped in the drive way this weekend to test it out, the kids had a ball and all systems worked well. It was a little drafty in a couple areas but that can be remedied. However my son found that the aluminum wall covering behind the wood cabinet above the front bed is not secure and can be pushed in. It pops in and out as if there is nothing behind it. This runs the length of the cabinet. I' m guessing this is the way it is built as the upper front portion of the camper shell is curved. My bigger worry is that I looked under the TM and on the front left (non door side) and found a large patch about 6 to 8 inches wide and 3 feet long. It was stapled and poorly siliconed to the bottom of the trailer. See attached photos. My question is - is this patch due to a manufacturing process or is this poor repair which has been performed on a brand new trailer. There is another patch on the rear (none door side) of the trailer it is much smaller and of less concern to me. None the less this is a new trailer which was a sizable investment for us. I can only hope we received a quality product which reflects our investment. I am going to talk to my dealer tomorrow but thought I might receive some helpful feedback from the forum. Thank you Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	patch1.JPG
Views:	744
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	2608   Click image for larger version

Name:	patch2.JPG
Views:	689
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	2609  
partipim is offline   Reply With Quote