View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowder1974 View Post
Quick question this weekend i noticed when plugging in my generator that it was drawing more power than i expected, this is because the hot water heater kicked on because i was plugged in.

The generator immediately revved down once i dropped the outside panel flipped the switch on the hot water heater to OFF.

I tried igniting the hot water heater with that switch in the OFF position and it didn't seem to work. Should I be able to run on propane with the outisde hot water heater switch in the OFF position?
In regards to your third paragraph.... You may have to purge the air from the gas line before it ignites. If you have not run the propane side for the heater,turn on the stove top and light the burners. That will at least get the gas to that portion of the TM gas line. Then turn on the heater switch under the counter and illuminate the red light. If the light goes off, it's lit. If the light goes off and then comes back on red, it did not lite. Turn off the switch for a moment and turn back on again. You may have to toggle the switch more than twice if you have not used the gas side of the heater for some time.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote