View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 01:09 AM   #7
Ramlover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Welcome to the forum. I seem to be confused some, are talking about exceeding the Trailmanor weight or this new truck? I have a Ram with the V8 Hemi engine and am not even near my max limit for towing. I have never had any issue with sway when towing even on a windy day going over bridges.
If you do go with the V8 make sure you get the tow package. I can tell you when I tow my 2619, going up hills or mountains I have no problems maintaining 60 mph or more.
How do you like the truck? How does it toe? Do you use a WDH?

Okthe topic in this thread is more about how the WDH affects weigh distribution to the TM however lets talk about the poi t you bring up.

Thanks for the input... actually I spent quite a it of time on the RAM web site studying this... they actually have a pretty cool tool you could use. Since you mention it... I think yiu may ne surprised as I was with the limited maximum payload weight capacity of the trucks... that's where you may be coming close after weight of passangers and equipment in the back. Max payload is only 1650 with a v8 when toeing. Now you are correct the maximum toeing capacity is much higher. But while towing this too is reduced...

Check out this link. Set the express 1500 with crew cab and 5'7" bed 4x4 and look down to the 5.7 v8 hemi now click on the open towing and payload calculator. Move the slidebar to see how adding payload reduces toeing capacity. Now payload is maxed at only 1454 lbs and towing is maxed at 10150. However you don't get to the max towing capacity if you are loading the truck. I found this tool interesting in that payload is not that much at all when you think about a truck.