View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #10
BobRederick

Pam

You should be able to tell if your charger is woking this way.

a) Plug into shore power. If the TM converter is charging, the battery condition monitor will be on the highest setting. This is the push-button indicator on the front of your sink. Another indication is that the battery will be bubbling slowly. You can see this with the cover off the battery. All cells will probably be bubbling slowly. It may take maybe 15 or 30 minutes for the bubbles to start. This is a gross test.

a) With the TM not plugged into shore power and disconnected for 20 minutes. Look at the battery condition meter. It will be one of the lower 3 indications. A charged battery will be on the 2nd from the top indication. If the battery is very well charged, I think you might see the very top indication when not being charged. My unit is new and I may have seen the highest indication 1X while not charging. It doesn't stay there very long.

If you can get a voltmeter, you can tell more. I have installed an upgraded converter in my '04 3326 and it came with a lot of info on battery condition that you can tell by reading a voltmeter. Touch the + and - leads of the battery with the meter leads. The following is what I should see using my converter, The Intelli-Power 9160. Yours might not be too much different and the readings without load (lights, etc., off) should be the same.

11.7V Not charged
12.8V Fully charged
12.9 to 13.5V The battery is taking a charge
14.1 to 14.4V, a quick charge is indicated. The battery is taking a good charge.

I hope this helps.

Bob