View Single Post
Old 10-25-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Oh my, RMR, you've given me a lot of homework on this one.

I tried to find out what the axle ratio was, but I don't know and can't find it on the net.

It is a 5.3L V8, 4 speed transmission, with 4 wheel drive, 4 door. We just had the transmission serviced 8,000 miles ago (and supposedly they checked the fluid level last time we had the oil changed, we try to take good care of our truck). But you know, now that you pointed it out, last time I had my Cad done there, the fluid was low right after they serviced it, and I had to add a lot of fluid one day. They said sometimes the system had to "burp". I wished they'd "burped" it for us. I will check the tranny fluid next time we take the truck out.

The temperature was probably about 65 degrees, grade, ??? If I look at a protractor it looks like maybe 5 to 10 degrees (but it's so hard to tell while you're driving). The engine temperature never varies much. Don't have a transmission temp gauge or cooler.

I wasn't driving, so I can't tell you what the RPM's were. I just felt the truck's transmission "slipping" out of 3rd whenever DH put his foot on the gas hard.

Thanks for your imput...