View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 05:52 PM   #17
rmschooner

Thank you for the response. The TM does not have an oven, it has the factory microwave with browning elements, which I am expecting is going to have quite the draw. We almost always look for shade when we camp. This is why the New Ideas for Solar Panel Installation intrigued me, the truck could be parked with panels in sun even if the TM is in the shade. I haven't sized the panels yet, 100 watt panels might easily do the trick. I won't know until I can get a better idea of power draw on the appliance side. My wife is an RV park kind of gal who enjoys shore power for all the niceties, I prefer the wide open spaces. Power is the limiting factor here, if I can provide the comforts of home the scales just might tip toward my favor.

Update: The Sharp Toaster Oven w/Microwave draws an insane amount of power... The microwave draws 980 watts the Grill/Bake 1300watts!

I can't imagine why the original buyer opted for this unit as an Upgrade. I might end up going for an outdoor camp kitchen with an outdoor propane stove and my coleman 2 burner, store in the truck. I have a propane tank in the back that runs my genset, I could Y off of that.

3124 2009 TrailManor
Ford F150 4x4 4.6L 8cyl TV
Anderson Weight Distribution Hitch
rmschooner is offline   Reply With Quote