View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 03:12 PM   #4
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

The only real complaint I have heard of is that the curtains can pick up road dust. When we got our TM used, the original curtains had already been replaced, but I didn't like the method used to secure them. I made a set of valances for each window that can be removed with the curtains. It adds another couple of minutes of set up time, but they curtains definitely stay clean.

When closed, there is a double seal. If any water enters from the front roof, it gets blocked by the second seal and drains off the side. I've never had issues with water getting in, except through broken vent seals and that is part of regular maintenance.

Oldstick makes a good point. If you are accustomed to a motorhome or larger trailer, you may be wishing for "more". When set up, TM have a fairly low ceiling height, less cupboard space. While we would love to travel in style, we don't have the room for a full sized trailer, and towing a 2720 is a breeze. A TM is about the best compromise between a tent trailer and a full sized trailer. I love ours. However, they are so unique that most owners learn to do their own maintenance. There are a few dealers nationwide that can service your TM, but you might have to travel quite a distance to get to one. Who knows, that might change in the future. That would be nice, but the TM concept attracts a very unique (and friendly) crowd.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote