View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #4
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperry
Thanks Ray, I came to the same conclusion after additional research. I also have a 2001 Tundra with much less interior room but greater towing capacity. I think we will have to tow with it instead.
Welcome. Your Tundra will do quite well for towing a 2619 across even the highest/steepest passes in Colorado...though you will need to rev it up to around 4500 RPM in 2nd gear for most of the longer steeper climbs.

I've substantially modified my Tundra...not because it couldn't stay with traffic (at least 60 mph on all climbs) when towing my 2720SL (several hundred lbs more than a 2619)...but because I didn't want to have to use 2nd gear as much. I can now tow up all but the very steepest and highest grades in 3rd gear.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote