View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 05:34 PM   #1
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Default New modifications

I've been doing some small things with my TM and wanted to share. I replaced the door handle and deadbolt. My brother made me a plate for the inside since the TM door is not as thick as a house door. I used the Kwikset Smartkey version. That way my house key opens the camper as well.
I also swapped out the factory faucet for a single handled version from Ikea. I ran into a problem with the connections, I found a fitting which allowed me to go from 5/8 to 3/8 connections. Love the folks at ACE hardware, they always seem to find what you need. Connecting was a bear, but it went in and the fittings are nice and snug. No leaks when I pressurized the system, but I was low on water, so I'll fill my tank and repressurize the lines again before my first trip of the season. I added a stereo to the camper and that's when I discovered I have a short in one of the speaker wires. That will have to wait for another time. I also added awhile back a cigarette plug for charging up those electronic items. I still have ideas for some more additions, but we're in no hurry today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1531.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	9717   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1532.JPG
Views:	193
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	9718   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1546.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	9719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0264.JPG
Views:	254
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	9720  
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote