View Single Post
Old 10-30-2002, 04:24 AM   #5
KB7OUR

Default Re: Shell Latch Mod / Entry Door Alignment / Slide

DenTed stated: The factory has a mod which I recommend for anyone who is having problems (Larry Loo - listen up). The mod includes a strip of metal (strap) which is about 2 1/2 times as long as the latch bracket is wide. The latch bracket is in contact with the shell and the "strap" overlaps the bracket. No screws are used in the bracket itself. The "strap" is secured on each end with 2 lag-type sheet-metal screws. The mod seems to correct the weakness of the current design. Donny Pilke moded both of my forward shell brackets in about 1 hour.
I just got back from taking a preview look at our new 3023, which we will pick up on Mon 11/4. It came from the factory with the mod described above (sorry, unsure how to reduce the text size for DenTed's quote). Also, general fit and finish of the unit appears very good, better than our previous '02 2720SL model. The 40 gal fresh water tank is big! Still some room under the long couch for storage. Dual chair option looks great (first time to see this in person). I think we'll be happy with this arrangement (better be :P). Dealer is going to install 2 six volt batteries instead of 1 12 volt, for greater amp/hr rating. Haven't decided on WD hitch and/or sway option yet.

Wade