View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 10:04 PM   #9
Laura FM

We have the original 2417 - which is the narrow model, with a King sized bed (OMG, it is HUGE) and the smaller not-really-double bed on the other side. We were down sizing (and up qualitying) from a large high wall PUP, and wanted to go simpler. We opted for no toilet - since it just takes up so much of a limited space. No toilet makes the inside space so much more open and pleasant. It is just the two of us, though sometimes our 22 year old daughter joins us. She is short. We also have a 25 year old son, also short. We are short people.

Options we have - solar panel and a few smaller things. We have 9 windows (including the one on the king end.) We have a fantastic fan. We decided not to get the awning. We have no TV/radio. We did not ask for the outside shower, but got it anyway. I am glad I did, because the inside sink is so small, and low, so I prefer to wash dishes outside, but use the outside shower to get the hot dishwater.

We found the mattress pretty hard, and (one of the things I do not like about TM) you cannot close up the thing with a mattress pad in place. Costco had these fabric covered roll up pads and we found that two of them, side by side, perfectly covers our mattress, so it is easy to pull them off. We then use a bad sack (which is a double sleeping back but with sheets that velcro in).

I love the narrowness when we tow. it makes a difference. For two people it is great.