View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK4444 View Post
Larryjb, thank you so much! Your information is very helpful! I agree that this forum is very helpful as well. Your reply to my statement about the hydraulic lift made me wonder if I misunderstood what she had said. I went back and read that she was referring to the hydraulic jacks and that they were weak, not the system that raises the unit. I went back and edited my post to reflect the correct information. The more I read about the TM, the more I'm impressed. Thank you again!

I'm also not sure what hydraulic jack the owner is referring to. If it is the tongue jack, I thought most were either mechanical or electrical only. Whatever the case, it can be replaced very easily.

The corner jacks are almost certainly mechanical scissor jack type.

The current owner may be confusing terms and calling the lift system "hydraulic jacks". As Bill said, many confuse it with the HiLo system which is hydraulic. Whatever the case is, no matter what jack/lift system it has, it can be adjusted or replaced. Even the torsion bars can be replaced (don't ask me how I know that!)

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote