View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
ED-n-KEL

Default More/Closer Dealers

I guess the one thing I'd like to get over to TM is the weak dealer network.
From what I've seen, the existing dealers tend to be the smaller "mom & pop" operations, and they are few and far between.
My "local" (3hr drive) TM dealer was a rather small operation that just went belly up, and now I find that my new "local" dealer is in the next state some 8hrs away....and they too seem to be a very small operation... not a big selling point for me.

In contrast I have two very large RV dealers about 40mins from the house, one of which is a CampingWorld Superstore offering not only full supplies, but full service.
Although the TM fits my bill better than any rv I've looked at, the geography issues are a major consideration and would be enough to sway me towards something different.

Another issue I'd like to see for the prospective buyer is a more detailed website. Keeping in mind that I'm 8hrs away from even looking at a TM, I'd like to see pictures and have more detailed descriptions of things like the options and features. Telling me that items like a "TV Shelf", "Bike Receiver", or "Solar Panel" are available, but not showing me what they are/look like, and what and how they work is weak.

Not taking anything away from this site, I think they should also run their own "factory forum" for customer support. I understand they have great support via a phone call, etc, but sometimes the questions are just not that big of a deal and could be easily answered via email/forum.