View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 09:27 AM   #9
Philip

Default Thank, again for your information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4classics View Post
We have a 6 year old Eaz-Lift with 1000 lb bars and sway control, TV, 2008 4 Runner V8.
We really needed and used the sway control with our previous Layton 190 LT.
With the 3023 TM, no sway control is needed, tracks great, no problem with big rigs and curvy interstate mountain roads at 60mph tows like it's not there.
I used to get out and disconnect the sway control for final tight backing situations, now, I only disconnect the electric connection so I don't have the trailer brake drag to deal with while backing.
Best of luck, I think you are going to love the 4 Runner V8, I have been following your thread and know you did a lot of research and checking TV's.
John
Once again I want to thank you for the information. I gather you just removed the sway control hardware from your WDH and found no difference in handling the TM without sway control. Do you feel sway control could provide any benifit in an emergency situation where you have to swerve swiftly to avoid something? I have no feel for effect of sway control in this situation.

Also, have you ever had the chance to check MPG on your 4Runner while towing and not towing. Always curious as to what MPG I could expect since I just purchased my 4Runner a week ago. It is a 2005 with 43,000 miles on it - a one owner vehicle. About how many miles have you towed with your 4Runner?

I know - Questions, Questions(LOL!), but hey, how are we to learn?

Take care,

Phil
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote