View Single Post
Old 04-24-2023, 08:30 AM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWarrant66 View Post
Hello, I am recently retired from the military and have relocated to Huntsville., AL. I stopped by Bankston RV in Huntsville and walked through a Trailmanor; the trailer is compact but has many amenities.

I already have a fairly new (2021) 35 fifth wheel and we really like the roominess, but we have it parked at a seasonal lake lot. Problem is that we like to go camping other places, and it is a pain to prep the fifth wheel for a two day trip.

I am thinking of a trailer that would fit in the garage and easy to prep if we decide on a weekend trip somewhere besides the lake. Looking at A-Frames and Trailmanor.

Has anyone downsized from a large trailer or Motorhome to a Trailmanor? Just curious how you adjusted and pro’s and con’s that you experienced.

Not opposed to buying used and remodeling, but leaning toward a new trailer. Thanks.

Dan
My wife and I camp a lot. We owned 2-TrailManors from 2007-2012. In 2012 we bought a 33' Class A. We camped in that and towed a 20' cargo trailer with a RZR for off-roading until 2022 when we sold that entire setup and went back to a 2720SL TM.

We are retired (since 2013) and and really appreciate the ease of towing and camping in the TM. Having experienced that TM for several years previously, we found transitioning back to the TM quite smooth. Towing the TM with our Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 is such a dream as apposed to the Class A (towing or not towing).

There are quite a few upgrades that can be done to the stock TM to make it more "campable". If you are a handy guy, you might enjoy checking out some of the creative posts on "Modding" the TM.