View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 03:32 PM   #7
Skyjim73

Default I had similar problems on delivery of my 2015 unit.

We actually had a bolt from that 4 bolt cluster holding the lift arms to the torsion bar missing when we arrived at our very first campsite. On inspection I found most of these bolts fairly loose! When I started to tighten them, it became obvious that the lift arm box section could be deformed very easily...

Wound up calling the Dealer (Custom RV) for a torque spec - took a while, but they got a number from somebody in Nebraska - can't recall the value right now, but it was quite low - just barely enough to fully compress the split lockwashers. Also got replacement bolts so they would match visually with the factory bits, which look cad-iridited.

So, I went and bought some blue Locktite (#242, removable) thread locker and went around reinstalling all of them one by one, mindful that you must beware of letting the lift arm section slip on the torsion bar end. So, one at a time. I suspect one pair is enough to provide clamping force, actually, but was cautious.

No further problems, though I now automatically look those bolts over during trip prep...

Jim
3124KB delivered 5/2015 - early unit from Nebraska. TM installed Dometic compressor fridge, lower battery rails, 4AWG batt cable, and PD converter during build. Custom RV installed cassette toilet, two 260 AH 6V batts, 2 UniSolar 64 solar panels, Morningstar MPPT controller/meter.

Tow vehicle: 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman CC 4x4 3.0 diesel.
Skyjim73 is offline   Reply With Quote