View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #3
ne14golf

Hi, Bill. Yes, it was the Car Show. I told them it wasn't convenient for me to bring the unit back to Colorado from Las Vegas and they gave me the phone number to call to authorize the Camping World outlet in Las Vegas to do warranty work. But they also told me I might have problems because the company was changing hands. I called to no avail. That was over a year ago, but I've sent emails to customer service since the changeover with no response. The problems I've had have been minor, all occurring within the first year I owned my TM. One of the rubber bumpers where the unit rests on the tongue broke in half and fell off. Three of the white plastic trim pieces broke off the sides. Two corner white trim pieces separated from the front. The first time it rained hard, water ran through the roof, down the window and soaked the bed. The smoke/CO detector wouldn't stop beeping and I had to unplug it. The manufacturer recommended replacing it after 5 years. The one installed was manufactured in 2006 and installed on my 2011 unit. One of the scissor jacks broke and I replaced it with one from Camping World. The jack handle for the scissor jacks broke. Water leaks under the sink when I fill the water tank with a hose. The sink drain leaked. One of the cabinets hung crooked.

I've fixed all the important stuff myself, but for $30K I shouldn't have had to. The good news is, we've had fun, putting some 11,000 miles on our TM while visiting 10 national parks, etc.
ne14golf is offline   Reply With Quote