Thread: storage?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
T and C
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylTh View Post
We just looked at the first trailmanor we have ever seen in person. It was a 1993 2518. It seemed very small and did not have a lot of storage. What about a 2619? Do they have more storage. Where do you put stuff? Do the couches have storage underneath? Things like food pots and pans coffee pot?Thanks
With the larger TM's, 2720 and up, there is quite a bit of storage under the cabinets. All RV's are a compromise. With the TM you give up some storage space to gain the advantages of light weight, no sway problem, and low profile which REALLY helps with gas mileage.

That said, our model has two couches facing each other, and some have a front dinette with facing benches. When on the road all sorts of lighter stuff can be carried in the space between those seats. Folding chairs, blankets in plastic bags, and so forth.

As some have said, the removeable hanging cabinets are useful. I don't think that the 2518 had a hanging locker/closet across from the bathroom. We carry more than clothes in there.

Some have added pull out shelves to low cabinets, or just use plastic storage bins that slide out for convenience.

Many use the bathtub for a storage area. We frequently do. A caution though, anything with sharp corners that is heavy could wear a hole in the tub as you bounce down the road. We tried carrying the microwave in there with blanket wrapped around it. It got wet once, so now we just carry it on the floor of the bathroom.

We don't bake anything in our oven. My dermatologist says I must wear a brimmed hat when outside. So, I travel with my camping/hiking hat and also a nice "Sunday go to meeting" hat. (We frequently visit a local church when camping) I put the good hat in a plastic bag and keep it in the oven. We could just take it out if we wanted use the oven for cooking.

Then there are the over the wall hooks that folks use. We have a few. One board member posted photos of how he put removeable shelves over the bathtub.

Funny, our TM was a move up from a truck camper. We were thrilled with the storage spaces after a few transcontinental trips with the camper.

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote