Thread: Need Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #5
mbd4kids

We moved to a 3023TM after we were flipped in our old RV (a full size 26'). My kids were petrified of pulling a trailer again, and so was I. While we also purchased a Suburban, which definitely is a plus for towing, the actual towing experience is a joy. (we had never owned a pop up though, so our only experience was the full size) Our gas mileage doesn't change pulling the TM. Honest. My definite cons are that we have to open to pack, and I am not a fan of the toilet at this time, and the fridge is smaller than a standard RV. (I can repost after our next trip because I replaced the toilet seals and added a vent to try to decrease smell, but am not sure if it worked yet.) Also, the actual storage space is a bit smaller, and while we make the beds work, we had quad bunks and a queen in the old trailer which were awesome. However, we have 4 kids (3 teenagers- more adult size) which places our demands higher than most. I have placed a plastic drawer unit in our tub with the hamper because we usually use the camp showers anyway, which helps storage, and purchased an over the sink cabinet and made a shelf for the micro which also help. All that being said, I would NOT trade my TM. The fact that we can still get out and camp, with a bathroom, kitchen, heat and air, and room to move, AND not be afraid towing, all significantly outweigh the minuses. Hope this helps- good luck! PS we are near Phila, in PA. If you're nearby, you're welcome to come see it. By the way, I am the wife, if it helps. I do more camping with the kids than my hubby, and am good with the towing...
mbd4kids is offline   Reply With Quote