View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #23
PopBeavers

All I can tell you is that my 2005 TM 2720 weighs 3380 at the axle. I did not weigh the tongue. Assuming 15 percent (conservative) then the tongue weight would be 507, for a total weight of 3887.

The dry weight is 2742.

That means that I carry 1145 of options and my personal stuff.

I carry 46 gallons of water. That is 384 pounds.

The fridge is very full. That is probable around 50 pounds.

We have clothes in the drawers and closet. That is probably 40 pounds.

Pans and dishes (service for 5) are probably around 25 pounds.

Stuff in the bathroom cabinet (shampoo, tooth paste etc.) I probably 10 pounds.

That is 509 pounds. If you don't take that stuff then that gets the weight down to 3378 with a tongue weight of 506 pounds.

That is still 536 pounds of options and stuff.

Eliminate the air conditioner will also save weight. I would not do that anywhere that gets hot and humid.

Taking only one battery instead of two (assuming you always stay in RV parks with shore power) will save about 80 pounds.

Take one propane tank instead of two. That will save about 30 pounds.

If you always have shore power and cook in an electric pan so that you never use the stove or oven and if you do not use the furnace then you can eliminate the the other propane cylinder, saving an additional 30 pounds.

The awning probably weighs about 30 pounds.

That is another 170 pounds. You are now down to 3208 with a tongue weight of 481.

Now if you can estimate what else I take that you will not take then that will give you some idea of total weight.

Dry and canned food is about 30 pounds for 5 adults for 4 days. Always eat in restaurants and you can save that.

This is for a 2720. If you get the 2619 that will save another 69 pounds.

If I had to strip it down that much I would see no point in going.

Hope that helps.