View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Kevin Krause

Default Keep the ideas coming

If you have any other ideas I am still interested.

I agree Jim in Mich. One of the loan officers I was working with confirmed that if an item is standard (ie furnace) DO NOT check it off. If it is a legit option like Air Conditioning then check it off.

I have a different theory on what sellers are doing for pricing. They want to pay off their loans and the camper has depreciated faster than the decrease in their loan balance. I think that may be where many people are at.

It still looks to me like one and possibly one other bank that I have contacted are using the low NADA or their own guide that looks like a low NADA. I mentioned before the bank said $5,200, well the average NADA is $7,000. Until I actually see the TM, and I believe it is worth seeing, I do not know how much I will offer.

These things being said, there are still things of value that are used to deal that NADA doesn't account for, like someone being willing to drive to meet you, or including a weight distributing hitch or brake controller as part of the transaction. Of course I understand that a bank is not going to lend you money for those things either. But they certainly can make a deal more worth while.

I will be investigating the home equity option next week, but I am not hopeful given the decline in property values in the State of Michigan. I could also go to the "Bank of Dad", but I do not think that I will. If I can't swing a deal on my own, even though that seems strange, I will start a fund and try in the fall or next spring. I might even order it new next year.