View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #5
jellis

Default Jacks and Converters

Thanks for the replies. I think I've got it now. Wasn't sure whether we were talking converting battery DC to AC or shore power AC to DC. (yeah, I know; AC to DC is really "inverting" rather than "converting," but I see these used interchangeably a lot.) Sounds like they are giving the 2006 model a little more DC when on shore power to handle more DC lighting, fans, etc.

We're new to RVing, so still learning different ways to run equipment . Since we don't yet have the TM or its manual, I'm probably getting a little ahead of the program, but want to have all the needed equipment before we test the TM overnight at the dealer's place. My real (unwritten) question was whether the standard equipment 25A extension cord would be sufficient. I am assuming it is; you're just taking 120V/25Amp max AC from shore power and converting it to 12VDC, and you can use up to 45 amps of DC from it. So I don't need a 50 amp rated extension cord and 50 amp shore power connection, correct?

Incidentally, I am trying to subscribe to the forum by check, but am having no luck with getting an address to send the check. (The website auto-answer feature is not working, at least with my computer setup.) Can anyone supply the correct address? Thanks again. This is a great group and I, for one, really appreciate the patience and generosity of you veterans giving easily understood answers to some of us newbies with our naive questions.

Jon and Rita