View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 08:03 AM   #13
kidsplayhouse

Default 2720 with kids

I can't help you much with the tow vehicle questions because we are on the East Coast and do pretty much flat towing everywhere. We use a smaller tow vehicle without any trouble. We do have a 2720 with 2 kids ages 4 and 8 (and last year - 1 dog) I would recommend getting the biggest trailer you can tow. Storage is tough in a 2619 and with small kids there are always toys and constant changing of clothes. You will probably also find in a few years that the kids will want to take along bikes. We have found that all kids at campgrounds have bikes they ride everywhere! This year we invested in a Florida room to attach to the trailer to add on living space. The trailer is a good size for us. We actually can fit both kids in the queen bed sleeping sideways so there is no fighting over who sleeps on the outside or having to climb over each other to get out. (Our 8 year old would not fit on the double this way) We find this works better for now. It also leaves the living area open for the adults after the kids are asleep. If I could have towed a 3023 without purchasing a larger tow vehicle I would have. If I had owned a Durango I would have. Overall the TM is great. It's easy to tow and set up. Last year was our first year camping and we had alot of fun. The kids can't wait to go again this year. Good luck and have fun!