Thread: Water Tanks ?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 03:12 PM   #7
doonboggle

Default HW plug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny_A
Small, inconsequential point Hal. The required socket is 1-1/16". As chance would have it, I bought a socket yesterday and changed the anode.

BTW, it was quite pitted. But after 2 yrs, not too bad. It is recommended by Suburban that the hot water tank be drained when not in use. Otherwise deterioration may be accelerated. I have adhered to that advice since purchasing my TM new.

Denny_A

As I said in my earlier posting, the plug in my 98 unit displays lots of rust; along with some teflon tape. In a rv we had earlier, it also had the same type of plug that I removed to drain the tank for winter. With this TM unit, I have 2 remaining questions.........

#1. Does the drain plugs under the TM, have now found all four (4), actually drain the HW tank also????

#2. In the former rv, when I removed it's plug, it 'apparently' sheared off any anode rod or whatever ... as it came out as merely a plug. HW heater appeared to work ok. But am wondering what that would cause, if'n the same thing occurred here with the TM. Should I remove the plug and chance it shearing off; or leave it alone? What importance is the so-called anode rod? Will my HW heater freeze up if I don't drain it accordingly?

Wow! That's more than 2. Sorry about that.