View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 09:15 PM   #13
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Earl,

Had a 2417 Sport, but sold it in January. Got a 2417 KD. Yes, the Sport is 6" narrower than any other TM.

Careful on height. I can't measure my 2417KD now (raining heavily), but my Sport came with 13" tires. I added a lift kit (2"). My new 2417KD came with 14" tires. Since my Sport was built in 2012, the new Sports may come with 14" tires. If you get the lift kit (only if you go offroad), it is now 2½", I believe. So, be sure that wherever you are getting the height of the TM, it is a 2014. Be sure to find out what tires it has, and if it has a lift kit.

The dealer should have a price list/order list. When I ordered mine, the dealer sent me their order list, and I used it to spec my trailer. It has prices on it.

I put my solar panel on after I purchased my TM, as they used to put 85 watt panels on, and I had used a 100w for less money on my previous TM. The trailer came wired for solar, with a nice controller. That saves some time in running wires, and is a better controller than came with my 100w panel kit.

I passed on the awning ($1,000), and instead purchases a $100 heavy-duty canopy from Walmart. If it blows away, it is much cheaper to replace than an awning. And, I can put it anywhere around camp I want to, instead of being right next to the trailer.

Seeing how you modified your Aliner, while I agree with Bailysmom about the extra cabinets, you may not have as much of a need for organization. I like ours, and recommend people get them, but you may be able to get by without. With the sofa instead of the dinette in the slide, you lose considerable under-bench storage. Hanging cabinets may come in very handy for you.

No place for a built-in microwave in a 2417, though. It is not an option for a 2417. If you need one, I would get it after you get your trailer, so you can figure out where you want it to go, and what size will fit there.

Don't give up on TrailManors. Some dealers may not be as intimately familiar with TM as others. My dealer in Colorado Springs has been camping in TMs for 20 years, so they know their stuff. It also helps that they sell more TMs each year than any other dealer. I know it doesn't help in your location, but there are very good dealers out there.

Good luck with your build!
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote