View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #13
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Yes, I installed rain covers over my old 2417. Only did the regular vents, but it was easy.

The covers came with brackets that screw to the aluminum frame, above the mounting frame. They fit below the plastic vent cover, so the cover can close tight. No leakage at all, and I was in some horrendous rains.

I got a new 2417KD, and have purchased covers for both the regular vent, and also the Fantastic vent. The one for the Fantastic Fan is over-sized, for the Fantastic. Have not installed, yet, but it is the same process as before. Once it gets warm consistently, I will put the covers on.

No problem using Maxxaire, or the Camping World brands. They all seem to attach the same way, based on my looking at the units in Camping World.

I guess I should add that, installing exactly the way the mounting hardware came out of the box, I had no problems on the road. Since my trailer is light, and Montana has wide open roads, the vents stayed secure, even at 75 mph into a very strong headwind. I did not alter the mounting brackets at all.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote