View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
Limbery

Default Considering trading in my TT on one...

Although everything in campers and RVs is a give and take trade-off....I wished I'd found these last year when I bought my TT...It's got it's own advantages...like the Trailmanor Sports....it's only 7'1" wide and at 18' length, it has a large 27" slide out on the side...so what I've got now isn't too bad but it's still a tall hard side TT....
The big appeal I see to the Trailmanors is besides being even lighter and easier to pull....I'd especially like it if it would fit through my standard height garage door and it would be even better if it could be opened up inside the garage...(great for guests in the colder months who could use the indoor facilities without going outside)...other advantage would be that since my garage doesn't go below freezing, I wouldn't have to winterize....also like that it must be great for roof inspections when you'd just need a small stepladder....
Downside is that I'd be losing my dry bath and there's still the assembly in the Trailmanor....2 min?...that must be just for the initial front and back lifting....How much longer does it realistically take to assemble the bath area, raise the wardrobe, make sure all the perimeter is sealed with the over flap inside etc?...another disadvantage is one can't just stop at a rest stop and go inside to use the washroom....
Questions about length...is the stated length on the Trailmanor brochure the total bumper to hitch end length? When putting up the top parts I assume that the highest point is actually a couple of inches higher than the completed trailer height?(since it appears to swing up and then rests a bit lower than the highest point?)
What's the consensus (if there is one) on which type of toilet available is better?(the recirculating or cassette)...so there is no black water tanks in these but just a grey?...and a fresh water too?