View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Good question. An RV is unlike an automobile where you have an odometer and a CarFax report. Most lemons will look like one. Smell like one and leak like one. Invest in a good friend who may be more experienced than you for another opinion of what your looking at.

In my opinion, if all the mechanical components, as I have mentioned in other posts, can be demonstrated to be in working order then you are generally dealing with a decent RV. I personally would not buy an RV that has leaked. How do you tell, hopefully, the seller is honest and will divulge. There are tell tale signs like warped flooring or may have been replaced in only one area, interior paint color does not match all the walls, drapes don't match each other, etc. Exterior wise, the TM is very specific and any physical damage is difficult to repair unless done by the factory. Decals that are missing or been removed are things to suspect.

Take lots or acquire photos of any TM you may be looking at and send them here for opinions. The owners here are quite knowledgable and can offer insight into what your looking at.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote