View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #18
daveinfl

Default Going To Plan B

Well everyone, the 2720 just won't work out. It was a very nice trailer. It had an electric tongue jack, special and very nicely done protection for the plumbing underneath, swing hitch, extra shelves, extra cabinets, heat strip in the ac unit along with a heater, awning ... everything we were looking for. But it is just to long for our garage.

Unfortunately many of the garages in our area (especially in condos and townhomes) are only 18 feet deep. I completely cleaned out half of my garage yesterday on the side we would park the trailer. I laid out the dimensions that we took on Saturday. I tried it straight in, turned left a bit, turned right a bit, and even with the tongue down. Nothing would work short of cutting off the rear bumper. So now we have to go to plan B.

We are now looking for a 2619. They don't seem to be as widely available as the 2720, so it may take a little time. I see TrailManor no longer has the 2619 on their site. I think they have 2714 instead with a cassette toilet. Does anyone know what years they made the 2619? Just curious.

Also ... I have been looking for trailers primarily on Craigslist and rvtraders.com. Can anyone suggest another site?

Again. Thanks for all the comments.
daveinfl is offline   Reply With Quote