View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 04:36 AM   #4
dab1950
Site Sponsor

Question Carlisle may be the brand of choice in the future

I ordered 2 Maxxis ST205-75R-15 Load range D at my local Discount Tire store in July 2015.
When the tires arrived at the store from the warehouse, I immediately asked them to check
the date codes. They had codes of 1214, which means the tires are 14 months old already
so I asked to re-order in hopes of getting a set not so old. Now it's August and I still don't
have a new set of Maxxis! They have been backordered. I finally got a call and they found a
set which will have to come from the Maxxis warehouse in California with date codes 4214( 9 months old).
I've asked to ship them to the store and I'll take them even if they are older than I'd like.
Maybe I should have just purchased Carlisle's new RH Trail line of tires?
They are made in the USA. Less expensive and with new design features, likely just as good as,
if not better than Maxxis brand.
From the Carlisle web site;
" NEW. Carlisle's newest and best performing radial trailer tire.
A best-in-class trailer tire, radial construction and variable pitch design promotes tire stability
and reduces excessive heat build-up, increasing tire life. Tire profile and tread compound
formulation create lower rolling resistance and increased fuel mileage. Equipped with the
DuraTrail high strength belt package and HeatShield heat resistant compounding technologies.
A proven leader both in field tests and by independent laboratory testing. "
Makes more sense to buy American and be assured, if you need to replace a tire unexpectedly,
you can get a replacement easily through any Discount Tire store in the nation.
Maybe that's what I should have done?
I hope you guys are right about how great the Maxxis tires are. I'll be rolling on Maxxis for 4-6 years.

dab1950 = Doug and Sue
2006 2720SL, 15" wheels, swing tongue, electric stab jacks(very nice).
New Dometic(Atwood) Aircommand A/C(2019).
2018 Toyota Highlander, WDH, Primus IQ BC.
2008 Dodge Durango-sold
Honda EU2200i Inverter/generator
1996 Playbouy Pontoon boat. 50 HP Tohatsu OB.
"Love to Sail", "Love to fish", "Love to camp".
Albums
dab1950 is offline   Reply With Quote