View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 05:17 AM   #7
Dodge trucker

Yeah I can, that's the way of the world these days . Apparently it appears there's nothing that can be done to fix the rear shell and get that crown back, from what I'm reading. .
While I was looking at it before I bought it, I noticed a little daylight, when standing ahead of the roof overlap looking toward the back, quite a while into the time I spent at this guy's place and I asked about it, and that's when the guy dug out the pool noodle. .
Which, going by the extremes this guy went to showing me that everything does in fact work on this camper, and makeing sure I saw every knob, valve, and Nick, and if I lagged slightly in staying "right with him" because I thought of something that I wanted to see in a different order than his, he was calling me to make sure I was right with him to see what he wanted to show me "right then" if I didn't move right in tandem with him, he seemed to go to more extreme to make sure he pointed out everything than anybody whose house I've ever been to when Considering buying whatever I was wanting at any given time...
Usually it's "here it is, you want it or not?" But not this guy.
40 yr lifetime military vet, had to retire on a medical, showed me his scars and told me about the brain hemorrhage that forced him to that retirement. Very process based, everything "in order" and kept repeating the order in which he set up and took down, repeated "street side first" many times in uncoupling and recoiling latches, etc. I dunno if that's his order or if there's any truth to it from TM....
And the thick binder with the owners manual, stack of receipts from day1 when the original owner bought it, I certainly wouldn't have expected it.. but in the 2020sdows this surprise me? No... And me being fairly new to this particular brand of camper? No, not surprised. I didn't crazy -lowball him but I did think the number I first offered would be. A"no way" but when he said "make it 100 more and we're good" when I offered $800 less than his asking price, as the first number...
He definitely didn't seem like the "slick Willie" type.

There isn't any signs of water damage, we probably willl only use it in the best weather 5-6 weekends a year, and with the quirks I put up with in my 19 year older apache, (that weren't as they originally were either) hopefully it won't be an issue with being able to use this the best it can be...
Probably why he repeated the thing about the front being "about a 1/4 bubble high" from level a few times throughout that day so it wouldn't leak at that seam....
Dodge trucker is offline   Reply With Quote