View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 09:26 AM   #38
Househunterlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickst29 View Post
my scheme to augment inadequate lift from the torsion bars by adding gas struts could resolve the lifting problem in other TM models as well.Both my fron and rear shells are becoming too difficult to lift as I become older.

But travel in a nice van and staying at hotels is certainly a great alternative to "camping" with all the set up and take down work. I've loved your pictures and posts about the upgrade, and I hope that you find a generous and appreciative buyer for your TM!
Thanks for the kind words.
Yes we found a buyer that is super excited about the Trailmanor as we all are. I turned them onto this site and a couple of others to help with any issues they might have. Told them all about some tricks to help mod their unit.
I have been watching your lift shock mod. I know it might work. But I think when trying to close it your going to have the opposite effect. And the issue of the sides binding if they don't operate at the same rate.
I came up with a better solution. Remove the torsion bars and install a straight shaft. In the middle center part, have a DC vector drive motor with two rubber couplers on either side. Connect the two shafts to the motor. Install a switch on the outside somewhere of your liking. Boom, flip the switch and magically it opens. I would only do this on the front. The back is always easy to open up. The extra weight from the motor would be minimal. Those motors are strong with a lot of torque, but light weight. The motors we had on our slide of our Class A where very strong and small. Now that would be cool to mod. cheers.
Househunterlives is offline   Reply With Quote