View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 04:53 PM   #11
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I found some old photos of what I was doing and attached one below. It is difficult to get any detail from them, because the whole area was wrapped in heavy-duty aluminum foil, and globbed with tons of silicone caulk. It is difficult to get oriented in the picture - look for the propane tanks and the rock guard to help with that. What I think I am seeing is that the sidewall and the front wall are framed with aluminum tube. 1x1? The front and side walls are joined together with what I call Z-brace - a strip of aluminum bent along the length into a Z-shape. Straight pieces of Z-brace are cut to needed length and lag screwed into the tubing above and below the curve, to bind the walls together. The pictures show the tubing and the Z-brace and lag screws. Unfortunately, you can't tell if there is any cross piece behind the curve, so I will take your word for its absence.

I guess my conclusion is that there is enough aluminum structure to hang the front crosswise cabinet properly. I can't believe it hangs solely from the inner skin. Finding that structure is another problem. Exploratory drilling would be messy, but will be covered once the cabinet is mounted.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z-brace 1024 ann.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	21937  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote